Current Non-Hospital Appointments:
- Co-Chair, Gastrointestinal Disease Site Group, Program in Evidence Based Care, Cancer Care Ontario
- Member, Gastrointestinal Cancers Advisory Committee, Cancer Care Ontario
- Co-Medical Director, OncologyEducation.com
- Member, Gastrointestinal Disease Site Group, Program in Evidence Based Care, Cancer Care Ontario
- Member, Gastrointestinal Site Group, Canadian Clinical Trials Group
Areas of Clinical Interest:
- Clinical and Translational Research in Gastrointestinal Cancers
Areas of Education Interest:
- Continuing Medical Oncology Education
- Nationally and Internationally Accessible Education
Areas of Research Interest:
- Global Oncology
Dr. Berry is an active participant in clinical research in gastrointestinal cancer. He is the Co-Chair of the Gastrointestinal Disease Site Group of the Cancer Cancer Ontario Program in Evidence Based Care.
Dr. Berry loves teaching has won several teaching awards and is a past Chair of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Specialty Committee for Medical Oncology. Dr Berry is the one of the co-founders of Oncology Education https://www.oncologyeducation.com/.
His other academic interest is the bioethical issues surrounding the care of people with cancer, in particular the ethical issues surrounding funding new and expensive cancer medications. Dr. Berry has a Masters degree in Bioethics from the University of Toronto. He is the former ethics advisor to the pan-Canadian Oncology Drug Review and has served on the ASCO Ethics Committee.