Current Hospital Appointment:
- Cancer Program Medical Director, Cancer Centre of Southeastern Ontario at Kingston Health Sciences Centre
- Staff Medical Oncologist, Cancer Centre of Southeastern Ontario at Kingston Health Sciences Centre
Other Current Appointments:
- Co-Chair, Gastrointestinal Disease Site Group, Program in Evidence Based Care, Cancer Care Ontario
- Member, Gastrointestinal Cancers Advisory Committee, Cancer Care Ontario
- Co-Medical Director, OncologyEducation.com
- Member, Gastrointestinal Disease Site Group, Program in Evidence Based Care, Cancer Care Ontario
- Member, Gastrointestinal Site Group, Canadian Clinical Trials Group
Areas of Clinical Interest:
- Clinical and Translational Research in Gastrointestinal Cancers
Areas of Education Interest:
- Continuing Medical Oncology Education
- Nationally and Internationally Accessible Education
Areas of Research Interest:
- Global Oncology
Dr. Scott Berry is a medical oncologist, Professor and Head of the Queen's University Department of Oncology. He is the Medical Director at the Cancer Centre of Southeastern Ontario at the Kingston Health Sciences Centre.
Dr. Berry is an active participant in clinical research in gastrointestinal cancer. He is the Co-Chair of the Gastrointestinal Disease Site Group of the Cancer Cancer Ontario Program in Evidence Based Care.
Dr. Berry loves teaching has won several teaching awards and is a past Chair of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada Specialty Committee for Medical Oncology. Dr Berry is the one of the co-founders of Oncology Education https://www.oncologyeducation.com/.
His other academic interest is the bioethical issues surrounding the care of people with cancer, in particular the ethical issues surrounding funding new and expensive cancer medications. Dr. Berry has a Masters degree in Bioethics from the University of Toronto. He is the former ethics advisor to the pan-Canadian Oncology Drug Review and has served on the ASCO Ethics Committee.